1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will post the answers to the questions (and the questions themselves) on your blog or journal.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. And thus the endless cycle of the meme goes on and on and on and on...
Nabbed this one from Dani's LJ. It's 2 AM, so I think there should be some leeway on whatever I write...
1) If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
I really don't know. Mostly because a) the whole appearance debate really sticks in my craw as a feminist and I feel like I shouldn't WANT to change anything about my appearance, and b) I pretty much hate the way I look anyway. But probably my hair--I wish it were something more controllable with less effort.
2) What is your favorite memory from last summer?
Ireland, Ireland, Ireland. Last summer was really amazing in so many ways, but Ireland was absolutely the most fantastic time of my life. There is no way to possibly describe the experience of sitting in a room with talented, golden-hearted people quietly singing songs for each other and for the songs themselves. To live suspended out time, just for a moment, and live in music...I've never experienced it to that degree anywhere else.
3) If someone handed you a 12-hole, wooden, tenor Ocarina in C that hadn't been played in 20 years, what would you do?
I would probably play the theme from Zelda. Because it's an ocrarina. And you knew this, you just wanted to be sure. :)
4) Name a profession you would totally love to try but are completely unqualified for (astronaut? pirate? superhero?). What about this profession appeals to you? ---I stole this from Erin because it's such a good question.
Even though it was suggested, I totes would take superhero. I mean, I really feel like I was destined to have superpowers of some sort anyway. I'm just not quite sure what the hold up is. It appeals to me for several reasons.
1) I'd be a freaking superhero. I could save ANYBODY.
2) I'd be a total BAMF.
3) I really would feel like a much more complete person if I could topple an evil regime of some sort (I'mlookingatyouKingpin.)
5) What is your favorite quote from a book and why?
There's a poem quoted in Derek Jensen's Walking on Water. I think I might actually be cheating around the requirements, but I'm doing it anyway.
You wouldn't think
It would be so easy
To forget
Who we really are
Or that death is always at our shoulder
Or that everything is alive
Or that God is everywhere singing
I think this is the most beautiful poem ever. Truly, in our lives, we do forget. We forget the beauty of the world around us, the quiet whisper of God, the finite nature of our lives. We get wrapped up on what we have to do that we forget who we are. This poem re-grounds me, renews me, reminds me to look for truth and not "forget."
Because it is so easy, and we always have to fight it--to find our center, find our light. To find God in the chaos and the loudness. Even in the noise, there is singing. And when we lose it, lose our place in the song, we lose ourselves.
So keep hearing the song, ladies and gentlemen, and never forget.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
this sounds fun! "interview me!"
Connie, here you go!
1) What is your favorite memory with Peter?
2) A genie comes up and gives you only two options. Option A) You never age, but you can never work with children. Option B) You will live until you're 105 with failing health problems after 75. Which do you choose and why?
3) What's your favorite material possession?
4) What music do you listen to the most when you're sad?
5) Do you think the Bible is completely accurate, as in, every word directly dictated by God? If yes, do you find it hard to accept? If no, where do you draw the line? (OK, that was kind of two questions in one, but one was yes or no :)
I look forward to your answers!
Post a Comment