I wanted to come up with a much more clever title for this blog, but oh well. This past weekend was the interview and discernment weekend for the Mission Intern program.
I really don't know how to describe it.
It was phenomenally amazing and humbling to be around so many incredible women. Literally all ten (eleven counting Suzanne) were people I would love to just sit and talk with for days on end. I felt like I got very close to many of them, but I would have celebrated more time with each of them.
I've never been in a situation where I was complete strangers with people on Friday, sharing experiences and opinions and discussing discernment and God's presence Saturday, then having frank conversations about complete and vulnerable life stories and the communion within on Sunday. It was a place that felt like total safety, where we all shared our raw pieces and understood that each of us was a child of God and deserved to be loved and guarded.
Well, it was great and fantastically noncompetitive. We won't hear anything back for several weeks, so now it's back to my favorite Waiting Game. Yay.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment