Derek and I broke up yesterday. So that was pretty much suck, especially since it was my birthday. But now we're very amicable, and talking more than we actually were last week. Which makes me wonder what the hell happened anyway.
HannaH has a theory that he was trying to be enough of a jerk to where I would break up with him. I think this is highly possible, whether he's aware of it or not. Still, ending things when everything is so friendly makes me feel weird. I mean, I'm not really upset, but at the same time, it's a change and there should be some emotion attached, even if I'm not sure what it should be yet.
Earlier today I was elated--I felt fantastic and free and absolutely in love with the world. That's fading now, though. I'm not exactly upset, but I'm not thrilled, either. Maybe it's just because it's dark. I guess it's another process--sorting out how our relationship works and how I should feel about it. We'll see.
In other news, I got myself Reviving Ophelia for my birthday. I'm about halfway through it and it's absolutely amazing. I'll post a little more on it after I finish, but I just wanted to remind the world how lame I am--I got myself a psychological social commentary for my birthday. Alas.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment