As usual.
I just glanced at the last thing I posted, and it was hellaciously long. I DID try to condense the summer into one post...I think I failed a bit there.
BUT! I am now the problem child in the trumpet section. Mwuahaha...I now have no idea why I was EVER a section leader. Seriously, it's WAY more fun to just cut up in the back and not be responsible for anything. I just know my part and don't worry about anything else. Pretty awesome.
Auditions are in a couple days--I'm having a hard time caring. I guess I care abstractly, but it's hard to really care that much when you don't like ANY of the pieces they're playing. So what happens, happens.
Being back in Boone is really nice--coffee shops and cool weather, great friends and practice rooms. Hopefully I won't get sick of it too soon. It is my last semester, after all.
Currently reading: Smack, Melvin Burgess.
Read over the summer:
Twilight Saga
Reading Lolita in Teheran
What Was Lost
Four Spirits
I'll update when I can recall the rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment